When Di started a small studio in the town center to have a place to make pottery while her children were at school, a young man named Artwel would show up at the studio each morning looking for work. Di didn't have much money to pay him, but he was so eager and willing to work that she developed a method of making pottery that Artwel could duplicate from the shapes that she created. After 10 years in operation, Wonki Ware employs 40 people from disadvantaged backgrounds. Handmade in South Africa.
• Medium measures 12” in diameter and 3” high
• Large measures 14" in diameter and 3" high
• Handmade, each piece features slight variations in texture and size
• Dishwasher and microwave safe
• Gift wrapping is always on us!