Childhood friends Claire Russo and Liza Serratore reunited while living in China, where they became enthralled with the rich history of textile art. Their one-of-a-kind accessories are hand-sewn using vintage fabrics from Northern China. In the Nankeen tradition, fabric is screen printed with soybean paste, submerged in a natural indigo bath, and set in the sun. Removing the paste reveals the intricate traditional motifs that celebrate health, prosperity, and good luck. The front of this bolster pillow is featured an intricate floral pattern, and a few hand-stitched patches. The back is a homespun cream colored fabric which would have served as a base for the Nankeen indigo dye. Hand-dyed in Shanghai and sewn in New York.
• 20" x 20"
• Cotton, with hidden zipper enclosure
• Includes a 10/90 down feather insert
• Hand-dyed with a natural indigo in Shanghai over 50 years ago
• One of a kind
• Care Instructions: Machine wash cold using the gentle cycle, air dry, warm iron as needed.
• Gift wrapping is always on us!